E-Leather LTD respects the privacy of every individual who visits our website. For this reason, we collect and use personal data only as it might be needed for us to deliver our products and services (including our website). Your personal data includes information such as: –
- Telephone Number
- Email address
- Other data collected that could directly or indirectly identify you
Personal information about you may be collected when you visit our website either by the automatic operation of tracking devices (see the section on ‘IP addresses and Cookies’ below) and when you contact us on the website.
What information do we collect?
We collect information so that we can provide you with the best possible customer service and experience when you use our website and purchase our products. Much of the personal data we collect from you, is collected directly when you contact us and includes: –
(1) Using our website, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address or phone number if you contact us, and we may keep a record of that correspondence for future reference.
(2) request assistance from our customer service team (eg: phone number, email address, order history)
(3) complete contact forms or request newsletters or other information from us (eg: email);
(4) participate in contests and surveys, apply for a job, or otherwise participate in activities we promote that might require information about you.
We also collect additional information to ensure optimal performance in delivering our products and services to you. These methods of data collection may not be as obvious to you, therefore we wanted to highlight these below: –
- Account related information is collected when you contact us directly regarding enquiries and purchase history, information request, support requests and notes detailing what you asked for and how we responded.
- Cookies and analytical website tracking software such as Google Analytics is used to track your browsing behaviour on our website, links clicked, pages viewed and your device type. We may also collect your IP address (location) so that we can personalise our service to you. For more information regarding managing the use of your cookies online, please visit Google’s Cookies Support page, or view our own cookies policy here.
You may request at any time access to, or amendment of, any of your personal information that we hold by contacting us by email at email@example.com. Often, much of the data collected is aggregated or statistical data about how individuals use our website and is not linked to any individual personal.
What do we use your information for?
We believe in both minimising the data we collect and limiting its use and purpose to only that (1) for which we have been given permission, (2) as necessary to deliver the products you purchase, or (3) as we might be required or permitted for legal compliance or other lawful purposes. These uses include
- Enhancing and improving the service we provide you via our customer service team.
- Improve and optimise the operation of our website ensuring that content on the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; notify you about changes to our service and the website; to monitor your use of the website; and to aggregate statistics about users, traffic patterns and related website information in an anonymous form.
- Communicating with you via email or phone with regards to products you have purchased from us, such as necessary to deliver transactional or service related communications. We may contact you regarding additional products, services or promotional events that we think you will find beneficial. This information is sent to you on the basis of legitimate interest or where you give us consent to do so. You can update your email communication subscriptions by unsubscribing at any time via a link at the bottom of all our email communications.
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requests.We will cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law and will disclose information to the government or law enforcement officials, at our sole discretion.
- We use Google Analytics (GA) to collect information about how you interact with our website including what pages you visit, how much time you spend on each page, what operating system and web browser you use and network and IP information. We use the information provided by GA to improve our services and website. These tools place persistent cookies in your browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our website. Each cookie cannot be used by anyone other than the service provider (eg: Google for Google Analytics). The information collected from the cookie may be transmitted to and stored by these service partners on servers in a country other than the country in which you reside. Though information collected does not include personal data such as name, address, billing information, etc., the information collected is used and shared by these service providers in accordance with their individual privacy policies.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information and follow generally accepted standards to store and protect this information.
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the services you have requested, including a variety of legitimate legal or business reasons which may include:-
- Maintaining accurate and adequate business and financial records.
- Instructed by law, contract or similar obligations that are applicable to our business operations
- Protecting, resolving or enforcing our legal/contractual rights
If you have any questions regarding the security of your data you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations, (GDPR) the data controller is E-Leather LTD, a company organised and existing under the laws of England and Wales and having its registered office at Kingsbridge Centre Sturrock Way Peterborough PE3 8TZ, United Kingdom and with registration number 3016796.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at www.eleathergroup.com/terms-and-conditions.
When visiting our website for the first time, you will be asked to agree to our privacy and cookies policy, via a pop-up window. We ask you to view this information before using our site, so you are aware of the data we will be collecting.
This policy was last modified on 24th May 2018.